Monday, September 17, 2012

So a whole summer flew by and my children are well into the next school year.  I'm busy trying to catch up.  I heard about this phenomenon but thought it was but a myth when your mired in toddler years. It goes fast. When you can sleep through the night and never buy diapers, time suddenly leaps by. There is not one thing you can do to stop it.

 
Take this handsome boy for instance.  I can't stop the fact that his birthday came. He's 1 year older. He's taller, although he's not managed to edge his sister out in height yet but it's a close race. I can't stop the fact that he looks like a photo model and every photo session the photographers love how easy he is to pose and how quickly they get a great shot.

He loves all things outdoors, willing to try any sport and right now into cross country.  He LOVES his new bike and roller blades. As soon as the homework is done, he's out of the house.

He's extremely independent and careful about his appearance. Girls out there, I do have big stick and I'm not afraid to use it, especially those 3rd grade girls at Oquirrh Elementary who seem intent on chasing him right now. I know he's awesome but you're not allowed near him until 16 and even then you'll have to get by me to be part of his group dates.

For just a couple of more blinks, he's still my little boy. I love him just the way he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment