Saturday, August 27, 2011

Summer Lesson #2

Big 3 day treks covering 24 miles do not mean that I lost any weight. AT ALL.

I spent all of June walking 3 miles, then 4 miles and finishing the last week before a Pioneer trek walking 7 miles a day. From Thursday July 7th til Saturday July 9th, I walked like a pioneer with a handcart and a bunch of wonderful youth. We covered about 10 miles the first day, 8 miles the second and about 6 miles the last day. I pulled a handcart up a hill with just women on the cart and at one point only 1 girl pushing behind. I was SERIOUSLY active compared to the previous months before I quit working where I spent 8 hours chained to a computer and chair.

What gives?

Okay, I'm over 30 and becoming active is not enough to cut it anymore. 2 years previously I just started walking 3 miles a day and lost 10 pounds. It sucks. It means that a strict regulation of my diet is in order with the exercise. Getting older sucks.

P.S. my sweet husband had to tighten his belt each morning of trek. Yes, he lost weight just on the 3 days, no prep training before.

1 comment:

  1. Figures. Sounds just like a guy's metabolism. I may be bitter right now because my butt is huge and there's nothing I can do about my pregnant belly. (Of course, I don't really mind about the belly. It's the butt I want to shrink.)

    ReplyDelete