Saturday, December 18, 2010

Just Reward

Yes, the goal was reached. Starting in May of 2009, I promised my kids a Wii of their very own if they could work on being nice to each, not fight and most of all, be calm and quiet in the evenings when I was working from home.

There were bad days and good days. Since this was no small reward, it required no small feat. In October, the number of stickers remaining had me searching for the best deals. With 15 stickers left to go, I purchased the Wii to have it sit tantalizing on a shelf, unopenable until the last sticker was filled in.

Triumph in store for my kids, I wondered how to keep encouraging the behavior that had finally won it. However, my wonder was very short lived.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Fighting means the Wii goes off."

"If you scream, I'll have to cut your Wii time down ten minutes."

You get the idea. It's one of best purchases I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment