Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Little Gentleman

See this beautiful sweet face? Well, that sweetness goes to the core. My youngest turned 5 recently and he's ready for the world. He cheerfully chats with anyone and everyone. "Hello (Walmart checker), I'm five and I'm going to preschool today." He waves to kids, smiles at babies and loves to help. Right now I'm soaking up the game of "I love you more . . . " Who knows how long he will still think it's cool? "I love you more than a night, a day, a night, a day, a night, a day . . ." You get the idea.

His most recent feat, opening doors. He insists on opening doors. He picked this up from his Grandpa and Dad. They open doors for their wives and others. So, even though he is slower getting into the car and buckling, I carefully unlock the car and maneuver out of his way so he can open my door and close it for me. And woe to me if I should forget to let him. While I'm excited for him with Kindergarten less than a year away, I may be the mom on the playground sobbing. Scratch that, I'll be leaking but I'll wait to fall apart until I'm home. My day will be much more lonely without the Little Gentleman around all day.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love that you are blogging again! Makes me so happy.

    And he is so adorable. Please move here so we can see you guys all the time. Please??!

    ReplyDelete