Thursday, January 13, 2011

Geek Flag Flying Proudly

I follow this wonderfully witty blog written by my sister-in-law. I've never regretted the sometimes stolen moments of the day that I spend reading it. It's that good. She put a question out there to answer: Who is your dreamland man?

Well, with slight trepidation, I will answer. It will show exactly how geeky I am that I dream not of the hottest movie stars but of my favorite characters--no matter who the actor is. Of course, it drastically changes from year to year. My subconscious likes stories and it likes to star me next to my favorite book or TV show character. In the past--from as early as Junior High for some of these and in no particular order--I've dreamed of Superman, Batman, Fox Mulder, Max from Roswell, Edward Cullen from Twilight Series, Dref Zenoson from Illusion by Jana Volksky, Jamie from Outlander series, Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables, and Mr. Darcy. For literary characters, any book that I own and pick up again can make a starring role comeback when the mood hits me.

So, without further ado, this is the man who's recently been walking through my dreams and stealing kisses as we solve crimes (although that never happens on show--yet):

Yes, I like Castle. I like the dialogue. It makes me laugh. I started watching it because of Nathan Fillion. This is my favorite character of his:

Mal from the TV series Firefly and movie Serenity. He's a compilation of my favorite characteristics: wild west cowboy, space captain, funny, caring, no one can stop me from doing my own thing. I only found the series after it was canceled and Serenity came out in theaters. I found the series on DVD and loved it. It's a mixture of wild west and science fiction with large doses of what if alternative histories. Yes, I'm that girl. I love the characters.

So, tonight, if the dreamland dust is sprinkled just right, I'll be solving crimes or running from the law with him.

Yes, I am a geek and proud of it.

1 comment:

  1. You like me? You like my blog? That makes me so happy. :-)

    And I'm glad you have dreamed of Jamie from Outlander. He's DELISH, no? Right after I read the first few books, we were in Nauvoo and they had all these guys walking around in kilts playing the bagpipes. I had to restrain myself from inappropriate behavior.

    I have no idea who your Castle guy is, however. He looks cute on the picture, very promising.

    ReplyDelete