Monday, January 24, 2011

Recovering the Past

For a couple of years now, I've decided I wanted to convert as much of my childhood photos into digital images. The hard copy of the photos between me and my 5 siblings are slowing disappearing. I've had my eye on negative scanners. I never bought one, unsure of how much pixels they could really provided to make the process worth it.

This past Sunday, I've become the receipent of a negative scanner. My grandma could never make it work. I understand why. The original software was not compatible with Windows XP, said it would destabilize the system. It took a little work but I found the right software and began to play.

I have 3 very old slides. I'm fairly positive the pictures were taken by my Grandpa, sometime in 1983 or 1984. The quality is somewhat poor. The slides have not survived the years gracefully and were scratched. But now, with this recent gift from my Grandma, I'm recovering and storing the images in a more durable format.







My sister and I were cute, weren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment