Monday, November 14, 2011

Baby Shower

My sister-in-law is due January 2nd with my 1st nephew to live in the state and easy distance to spoil and love. Sorry dear Sister, nephew and future nephew (due Dec. 21st) and 2 nieces in Wisconsin. You make sure your medical school dad tries really, really hard to get residency much closer.

My daughter and I eagerly set out to provide an awesome baby shower. Grandma set the theme with lambs. Yes, that's right, we adore lambs. Being Shepherd's (with the correct spelling) has always been a source of pride and we wanted to help welcome the new lamb to the fold in style.

I made a diaper cake (unfortunately, no picture). We played candy games like how many butter mints are in the big plastic bottle and name that candy shout out with breastfeeding matching Milky Way and the night of conception matching Skor candy bar. It was a lot of fun.

My favorite addition to the party came from my 9 year old and her love of getting cookbooks from the library. Her latest checkout was Cupcakes Galore. She was flipping through it 2 days before the shower and found sheep cupcakes. So we jetted to the store. Friday she made cupcakes and Saturday she decorate them.


Aren't they cute? Just need frosting, Junior Mints and marshmallows. Not only did we have a themed treat but my daughter loved making them and showing them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment