Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween

Halloween Night--my WONDERFUL brother not only dressed up but took my 3 eager children trick-0r-treating for hours! They came home loaded up with candy, said he was the best uncle ever and knew which houses gave the best candy. So, one of the real stars of Halloween was my brother who left me to lounge around passing out candy instead of booking it with my kids for candy.

Check Spelling
She, of course, was brilliant. However, I didn't concoct her brilliance. Every year my kids love their costumes and look amazing. The other real star of Halloween is Grandma. My husband took one look at my daughter's vampiress dress and asked if we took the sleeves off could she wear it to church. It's that fancy. It is made out of left over bridesmaid dress fabric and notions. It cost me all of $1 for a pattern and I don't count the boots because she needed another pair shoes.

He was scary. He wanted to be. He is my most easy going when it comes to costumes. Somehow, he always chooses something we have stuff for. I spent $6 buying a Dracula make-up kit with fangs and the medallion. Grandma had the cape and she made him a special cummerbund to finish off the effect. He always shines on Halloween in my eyes. If he notices a discrepancy in candy levels, he never fails to share or help other kids feel good about what they have. It's a trait I love about him.

The force is strong with this one. Grandma of course made all the pieces for his Jedi costume. I made the lightsaber out of a pool noodle and duct tape. I learned long ago that little Jedi's need soft lightsabers for their duels. Grandma knew how much my littlest one loves Star Wars and made the costume purposely bigger so he can enjoy it for the coming year and maybe even next year. Thanks to my family, my children had a wonderful Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment